Have farm-fresh produce delivered to your home in zip codes 77380, 77381, 77382, and 77384. We have limited the number of shares available by delivery, so place your order soon! Don’t live or work in one of our delivery zip codes? Click here to see how you can still receive fresh fruit and veg from Wood Duck Farm.
(Want to check on your order? Log in here.)
What will members receive?
Subscribe in advance to a season’s worth of fresh, delicious fruits and vegetables from Wood Duck Farm, nestled in the Sam Houston National Forest north of Houston. Three choices are currently offered: a weekly Full Share, a weekly Partial Share, and our Full Share delivered for as few as six weeks out of the season (a Lite Share). An example Full Share is pictured below. A Partial Share, about 2/3 of a Full Share, suits couples well; a Lite Share is geared toward singles and busy professionals.
Our farm grows several produce varieties and will strive to give members the best quality produce possible. CSA members will receive at least 5 to 8 different types of vegetables, fruits, and herbs each week during the CSA growing seasons. The amount and selection of produce in each share is largely dependent on what our soil yields, and will vary from week to week. Your diet will reflect the season and the land.
Click on this season’s CSA link to learn more about the shares.
Given the prospect of adverse weather and crop failures, we may from time to time supplement member shares with local produce sustainably grown within 180 miles of our farm. Examples include Ruby Red grapefruit, East Texas berries, and satsuma oranges.
Concerned about forgetting? Not to worry; we’ll remind you via email. In fact, when joining Wood Duck Farm’s CSA program you agree to read our email communications as soon as you see them—we don’t want you to miss receiving your share!
Receiving your delivery
Your order will arrive on Thursday in a box with perishable items included in an insulated cooler bag. After the first delivery, simply leave your empty box and cooler bags from the prior delivery at the door, and we will trade them out with new ones filled with fresh produce and other goodies. We recommend you designate a shaded area to be your delivery location if you will not be home when we bring you your share.
What is the cost?
The Woodlands Home Delivery CSA prices are $456 for a Full Share ($38/week) and $348 ($29/week) for a Partial Share delivered weekly over the twelve-week program. Full Share and Partial Share customers may select one vacation week per season; the vacation week is designated when shares are purchased. It can be moved, but not added or removed, until the week before delivery.
Our Lite Share allows customers to choose the weeks they desire delivery, enjoying at least six shares over the 12-week season ($41 every other week). Once an order is placed delivery weeks can be moved, but not added or removed, until the week before delivery.
Please give us a call if you have questions about your order.
Communications from Wood Duck Farm
Those participating in the CSA program agree to open and read all e-mail communications from us as soon as they are noticed. Communications will include information regarding CSA start dates, pick-up reminders, special events, share instructions, and information regarding changes or delays in deliveries due to traffic, inclement weather, holidays, or changes in pick-up location. Please make sure that we have your current e-mail address(es) and that you check regularly for messages. To protect our communications from spam filters please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book. If you are splitting a share with a neighbor or a friend, we strongly encourage you to include those additional e-mail addresses, as well. We will never share your e-mail address(es) with third parties.
How to subscribe:
- To place an order, first enter our new ordering system here. New users and users who are not logged in will be directed to our delivery map. Please click on the appropriate button for The Woodlands Home Delivery program. If you are using a small screen, you may need to scroll down to select the delivery option.
- You will then see the products currently available to customers of The Woodlands Home Delivery. To select an item please click on “Add to Order”. Once you do so you will be able to use your mouse to select the weeks you would like to receive delivery, and the number of shares you would like to receive. Once you have scheduled your deliveries, please click on “Checkout”.
- You will then be asked to log in. If you were a CSA or holiday turkey customer in 2011, please use your login. If you have forgotten, or are new to our farm (welcome!), please follow the prompts on the screen.
- Next, enter your delivery information. If you have extra e-mail addresses that need notification, or pass codes essential for the delivery of your share, please enter that as well. Once you enter this information, you will not have to enter it again.
- Follow the directions, and then you’ll be done!
To check on your order or move a vacation date, simply log in.
That’s it! Our ordering system will continue to improve, and delicious new delivery products will be added often. Thank you for supporting Wood Duck Farm.